Remarkably effective. Because our filtering rulebase is updated multiple times per day by real humans, SpamHero is able to block new spam messages that our competitors often miss. We are so confident that you will be impressed by our service that we offer a 30-day free trial so you can try it without spending a dime.
Because there is nothing to install on your computer or on your mail server, SpamHero will work with virtually all email software and mail servers.
When an email is sent to your domain, the sending server checks your domain's MX record. This record tells the world what mail server handles your email. When you subscribe to the SpamHero service, you will change your domain's MX record so that it points to our mail servers instead of your domain's actual mail server. At that point, all your emails will be routed to our servers, where your email will then be filtered and just the good mail will be forwarded to your real mail server.
By subscribing to the SpamHero service, you will actually be increasing the reliability of your email service in three ways:
- If your mail server were to go down, our mail servers would queue your email (for up to five days) and your mail would be delivered automatically once your server comes back online.
- Each domain we filter email for is assigned to three redundant mail servers that are located in separate data centers. Should the primary filtering server go down, there are two others that will immediately begin to queue your email until the issue with the primary server is resolved.
- We provide a free quarantine viewer for your domain that will store all email that is blocked for at least 30 days. Even though it is extremely rare for our SpamHero to block a real message, you can have peace of mind in knowing that you can always release a message from the quarantine viewer if it gets placed there.
While SpamHero will drastically reduce viruses received by email, we do not recommend disabling your anti-virus software. There are two reasons for this:
- Not all virus threats come by email.
- While our filtering system has been found to be very effective at also blocking viruses, the more layers of protection that you can have on your computer, the better.
The maximum message size per email is 200MB. Please make sure your email server supports the maximum message size you want to achieve.
We include 100,000 inbound emails per month with up to a 200MB message size per email. You may have unlimited email addresses and domain aliases. We archive emails for 30 days. One quarantine user is included with each account to manage the spam quarantine, additional users can be added for $1 per month.
If you exceed 100,000 incoming messages per month, you will automatically be billed an additional $10 per 100,000 email messages scanned in a given month. Additional quarantine users are available for $1 per user per month.